My next class begins Friday, March 24th.
Please contact me to register or for more information!
- Nutrition for pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- Exercise for comfort during pregnancy and an easier delivery
- Body alignment and soft tissue balance for good fetal positioning for labor
- The evidence for common prenatal tests and practices
- Discerning whether your care provider supports your birth preferences
- The benefits and challenges of unmedicated birth
- How to support a laboring woman
- The benefits of a birth doula and how to choose the right one for you
- The risks and benefits of common labor interventions
- How to share your birth preferences with your care provider
- Mental, emotional, and physical comfort for labor
- Medical options for comfort during labor and their risks and benefits
- The evidence for common newborn procedures
- Postpartum care in the hospital and at home
- Breastfeeding your baby
- Newborn care
$250 per couple
Your class fee includes a student workbook, handouts, access to my lending library, instruction in the topics above through lecture, discussion, multimedia, and group activities, relaxation practice at each class, a labor rehearsal, an evening with a postpartum doula and breastfeeding educator, and on-call access via phone, email, and text until 6 weeks postpartum. Group classes are held at the Essential Zen Yoga Studio in Aurora, located at 330 East Garfield Road and are once a week for 2-2.5 hours
A standard-length group class is the best way to fully prepare for the birth of your baby. Having several months to absorb information, practice relaxation, and benefit from the questions and concerns raised by other students gives you the most comprehensive learning experience possible. However, sometimes a busy schedule or your due date will not line up with the class you want to take. In those cases, a private, in-home class may be a better fit for you.
Private classes cover the same content as the group class, although we can work together to customize your class as needed. Private classes are very homework intensive so please be ready to do a lot of reading, discussing, and video-watching on your own so you are prepared for our weekly, 2-2.5 hour class! Although private classes are shorter than the group class, I still recommend scheduling your class as early in your pregnancy as possible to allow yourself plenty of time to learn about labor, talk with your care provider, ask questions, consider your options, and physically prepare for the marathon of birth!
$300 + mileage