My next class begins:
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018
Please contact me if you’re interested in my January class. Register early to receive pre-class access to nutrition and exercise information so you can begin preparing your body right away for the marathon of birth!
Summer class is tentatively scheduled to begin the week of June 18th. If you are due late August or after, this is the class for you!
The second that baby bump starts to show, everyone and their mother-in-law has something to say about how you should (or shouldn’t) birth. Or, better yet, they have a horror story to share about their birth experience. In this age of information, it’s hard to sort through it all. Are epidurals safe? Are there any benefits to natural birth? Should I hire a doula? Is my care provider giving me evidence based care? What exactly is “evidence based care”?
A comprehensive childbirth class can help you answer all these questions and many more! Whether you want a birth completely free of medical interventions or are wishing there was an at-home epidural kit, childbirth classes with Lantern Birth Services will help you to be fully informed as you welcome your baby with confidence!
Group Classes: $250 for Mom & support person
- -Nutrition for pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- -Exercise for comfort during pregnancy and an easier delivery
- -Body alignment and soft tissue balance for good fetal positioning for labor
- -The evidence for common prenatal tests and practices
- -Discerning whether your care provider supports your birth preferences
- -The benefits and challenges of unmedicated birth
- -How to support a laboring woman
- -The benefits of a birth doula and how to choose the right one for you
- -The risks and benefits of common labor interventions
- -How to share your birth preferences with your care provider
- -Mental, emotional, and physical comfort for labor
- -Medical options for comfort during labor and their risks and benefits
- -The evidence for common newborn procedures
- -Postpartum care in the hospital and at home
- -Breastfeeding your baby
- -Newborn care
Your class fee includes a student workbook, handouts, access to my lending library, instruction in the topics above through lecture, discussion, multimedia, and group activities, relaxation practice at each class, a labor rehearsal, and on-call access via phone, email, and text until 6 weeks postpartum. Group classes are held at my Streetsboro home and last 2 to 2.5 hours.
Private classes: $350 for Mom & support person
A standard-length group class is the best way to fully prepare for the birth of your baby. Having several months to absorb information, practice relaxation, and benefit from the questions and concerns raised by other students gives you the most comprehensive learning experience possible. However, sometimes a busy schedule or your due date will not line up with the class you want to take. In those cases, a private class may be a better fit for you.
Private classes cover the same content as the group class, although we can work together to customize your class as needed. Private classes are very homework intensive so please be ready to do a lot of reading, discussing, and video-watching on your own so you are prepared for our weekly, 2 to 2.5 hour class! Although private classes are shorter than the group class, I still recommend scheduling your class as early in your pregnancy as possible to allow yourself plenty of time to learn about labor, talk with your care provider, ask questions, consider your options, and physically prepare for the marathon of birth!